Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Research: Surrey, BC

Hi Joe,

I drove into Surrey, BC today and ventured over to the history library in Cloverdale. I found the following members were cremated, so their acutal burial location were not listed:

White, John Mcfarlan - died Apr. 1, 1983 at Langley B.C.- cremated.
Anderton, Frederick - died October 20,1974 at Surrey, B.C. - cremated.
Rumball, Lee David - died March 23,1987 Self inflicted gunshot wound
Mcilroy, Sheppard Stewart - died Aug. 19,1956 Matsqui/Abbotsford.
Fisher, William Henry - died November 25,1925 at Langley B.C.

I also took headstone pictures of:
Baldwinson, John Brian - died Oct.7,1966
Beaudry, Gordon Edward - died Jan.7,1999
Fry, Alfred E. - born Feb. 4,1935, died Oct.. 26,1989

I retrieved headstone pictures from the Surrey Cemetery Services Office:
Pearson, Frank Buscall - born Apr. 9,1888 - died Jan.21,1965
McMillan, James Irving - 1877 - 1965
Batts, Albert - died Mar.21,1977
Williams, Gary E. - died May 7, 2009
I hope this information will be of help to you,

Regards,
Linda Shephard
Friend of the Force, Lower Mainland, BC

cc: entered into dababase.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Linda,

    I sure appreciate all the help which you have given me.

    I have added everything into the database. You gave me a few surprises; such as, some members do not have headstone, and some committed suicide. These are sad cases.

    I’m also adding condensed versions of your e-mails on my ‘BuffaloBlog’ because your data will provide interest to a lot of readers.

    Please keep in touch and I thank you again.
    Yours truly,
    Joe
    #23685

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pearson, Frank Buscall died in 1965

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685