Friday, October 23, 2009

In Memory of: Reg.#44029, Kai-Uwe A. Hildebrant

Hello Joe,

My name is Shawn James and I write to you regarding my best friend, Reg.#44029, Kai-Uwe Alexander Hildebrant. We had grown up together in Surrey BC and then both of our families moved to Sarnia, ON 5 weeks apart.

I am writing to you regarding Kai's grave site --while out in BC this past summer I found it in Fort Langley's cemetary and took pictures of his grave site. Would they be of any help to you?


Kai and I both grew up wanting to become RCMP officers, I was very proud of him for accomplishing that dream. I instead went into the ministry, I guess both of us always wanted to serve.

Today, I volunteer with the York Regional Police Community Policing office Keswick, and I serve as Co Chair of our District 3 Community Liaison Committee. I am also seeking to join the auxiliary police.

Kai was a terrific friend, who I sorely miss to this day.

Please continue doing what you are doing with this site. Finding it tonight has sure helped.

Again, if you are interested in the photos, for what ever reason I would be honoured to share them.

Sincerely,
Shawn James

2 comments:

  1. Kai Hildebrandt was a good policeman and his loss is keenly felt to this day by those of who knew and respected him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kai's Daughter here, Thankyou so much for these kind words. I miss him dearly as well. He was such a great father and I only wish that I could have him in my life once more.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685