Sunday, October 4, 2009

Graves: Prince Albert, SK

Dear Joe,
Thanks for your prompt reply to my email.


The data I have compiled was gleaned from the following:
St. Mary's Anglican Cemetery, Prince Albert, SK headstones and records
Old Catholic Cemetery, Prince Albert, SK headstones and records
South Hill Cemetery, Prince Albert, SK cemetery database
City of Prince Albert - Veteran's database
Prince Albert Memorial Gardens Cemetery
Colleston United Church Cemetery, Prince Albert, SK area
Deer Park Cemetery, Macdowall, SK area
Hamilton's Funeral Home, Prince Albert, SK records

By the way, the Officer's graves I was unable to locate are not in any Saskatchewan cemetery that has been recorded by branches of the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society (SGS).

That does not mean the graves don't exist - just that we don't have a record of them yet. If there are graves in other Saskatchewan areas that you have not located to date, I may be able to help you as I have access to the SGS burial database.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Barbara Beck
Treasurer & Cemetery Committee Chairperson
Prince Albert Branch
SK Genealogical Society
RR2, Site 3, Box 91
Prince Albert, SK
S6V 5P9

1 comment:

  1. Dear Barb,

    This data is invaluable and I thank you. I called Reg. Keatley in Calgary and let him know that you had sent me the data. He also says 'thanks'!

    Let's keep in touch, please.

    Yours truly,

    Joe
    #23685

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685