Monday, February 14, 2011

From Florida : Reg.#2683, Cst. William John McCoy

PAX


Family from Florida
'Friends Not Forgotten'

Hi Buffalo Joe,

I read in the Lanark Co. Genealogical Society Newsletter of your dedication to finding and documenting the location of all deceased RCMP veterans. Thank you so much for undertaking such a mammoth task.

My husband's grandmother's brother was William John McCoy and I found him in the Graves Database. The new info there of the Quarterly Obit Index number V34 (3), his Rank - Constable, and his Regimental No. - 2683 was very nice to find.

I have his birth date and place, his death date and place, and the place where he was buried if you are interested. I also have his spouse's name, parents' names and children's names. He died when he was 98 and at that time (1967) he was supposedly the oldest ex member of the North West Mounted Police.

Please let me know if you would like the above info and I will send it to you.

Jackie Dixon
Florida, USA

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685