Monday, May 21, 2012

Laat Post: Reg.#19010, R'td. Sgt. Stanley Douglas Hope

Last Post: #19010, (R'td) Sgt. Stanley Douglas Hope

''Friends Not Forgotten'
Obituary

It is with much sadness that I notify you of my father's passing on Tuesday May 8th 2012. 

Dad suffered bladder cancer diagnosed only in November. He also had dementia. We were fortunate enough to get him into a rest home in Sidney.

Dad received such wonderful care there and really didn't suffer until his final few days. His whole family was with him the weekend before his death where we camped out in his room and the nurses and LPNs cared to his and our every need.

I stayed with Dad until an hour before he passed, leaving only to pick up my daughter, he chose this time to leave.  I know so many members knew my Father and I wish I had phone numbers but don't. It would mean a lot if you could pass this onto those that served with my Dad in hopes that they contact us with stories and such. 

I have also lost the phone number of Dad's long-time friend; Ion Greenwood and know he would most definitely want to be contacted for any service/wake we have whatever premises. 

My home phone number is (778) 426-1900. Feel free to pass along this info to your members. 

We welcome all stories and any pictures of Dad as we plan to have a running picture presentation during his memorial.  If anyone wants to donate to the Cancer Society instead of sending flowers. 

 Doug was a member of the Force from 22/06/1955. He served in ‘F’, ‘E’ and ‘HQ’. He retired from Security Service on 24/08/1980.

 Thank you, Leslie Leeming (nee Hope)

Contributor: Kamloops Vet Steve Holotuk

'Maintain Our Memories' 

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685