Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reg.#9221, Sgt. John Kidd

Reg.#9221, Sgt. John Kidd (deceased)
and
Reg.#39566,  S/Sgt. Peter Kidd (serving member)

'Friends Not Forgotten'

Kidds and Connections

Hi Joe,

I am presently a member of the Force in my 25th year of service. 

About a year ago, I began to gather documents relating to my grandfather Sgt. John Kidd of Ottawa whom I never knew. He passed away when I was less than two years old. 

I obtained copies of his Attestation Papers relating to his days with the C E F Battalion 204 'Beavers'. I also obtained a copy of his medical file from the RCMP which contained a lot of interesting information relating to his respiratory problems after returning from the War. There's even a reference to an injury he suffered while working at a printing press prior to joining the Force. 

Two days ago, I discovered that you had written a story about him as Vet of the Month: January 2011.  My father John is mentioned in the copy of Sgt. Kidd's obituary as "John of Kingston." My father died when I was young and so I did not get the opportunity to come to know many of my relative's on my father's side. 

I am in Ottawa occasionally and ironically, two weeks ago I drove past the Pinecrest Cemetery on Baseline Road unaware that Sgt. Kidd's grave is there.
Your article provided me with a lot of unknown information.  Thank you very much.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

S/Sgt. Peter Kidd
Reg.# 39566

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685