Friday, November 6, 2009

Samuel Raymond Kenny, Wireless Ops, WWII

Dear Joe,
I recently spoke with Vet Jack Hickman of Kingston, Ontario about my Uncle Samuel Raymond Kenny, born 1918 and died on September 27, 1941 near Jenkinstown, County Lough, Ireland.

Samuel Raymond Kenny was the Wireless Operator on a Hudson flown from Canada by RCMP Sgt. Louis Dubuc (in the database). These two men were part of RAF Ferry Command. Their plane crashed in Ireland killing the 3 crew.

Sgt. Dubuc and my Uncle Sam were taken to Newry for burial. Jack is sending you the info I sent him written by Dennis Burke of Ireland. Mr. Burke also has a website.

Cecil Kenny was my father, so he and Samuel Kenny were brothers. I intend to send some info. to you about Cecil's grave, pictures and some history.

Yours truly,

Catherine Levac
Friend of the Force

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685