Saturday, October 16, 2010

Reg.#9128, Jean-Baptiste Charron

PAX


Reg.#9128, Jean-Baptiste Charron

'Friends Not Forgotten'

Dear Mr. Healy,

I read the article in the Ottawa Citizen(Saturday, September 25th, 2010) with great interest but was unable to attend the Police Memorial Ceremonies.

My Grandfather, Reg.#9128, Jean-Baptiste Charron, 23 Balsam St., Ottawa, served in the RCMP in Ottawa and is pictured in the attached photo with my Dad in 1939 just before my Dad was shipped off to serve in the navy during the Second World War. I was wondering where I could go to retrieve his years of service.

As far as I remember my grandfather never left Ottawa because he was a married man and in those days the RCMP preferred that you not be married. He was assigned to Parliament Hill but I'm almost positive that he was never sent anywhere.

My grandfather is buried in Notre-Dame Cemetary, 455 Montreal Rd, Ottawa, Block 32, Lot#40.

I don't know if you feel that this is worth recording in your log or to add to your files but there it is. Where can I buy a copy of your book? Can you let me know if you get this. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Diane Liberty

'Maintain Our Memories'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685