Saturday, October 16, 2010

Reg.#4112, James Patrick Ryan NWMP

Subject: Grave of James Patrick Ryan

Hi Joe; Greetings from friends formerly of St. Stephen, NB

I read with great interest the article about the RCMP graves in today's Telegraph Journal. What a wonderful job you have done.

My husband (Fran McHugh - a St. Stephen native) and I are both doing family history research in our retirement. Genealogy is a great project!!

I searched your site and found my great uncle's listing of his grave in St. Mary's Cemetery, Saint John, N.B. His name was James Patrick Ryan d. Nov. 1938. James was born in Londonderry, Colchester County, Nova Scotia on September 8, 1881. The information you have indicates his birth date as 1884 which is incorrect. He was 57 when he died, although it says 54 on the gravestone.

Just thought you might like to have more correct information on this listing.

With thanks,
Carey A. Ryan

'Maintain Our Memories'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685