Sunday, July 15, 2012

Retired RCMP Superintendent Ron Bourne


 From the Bourne Files - Retired Superintendent Ron Bourne

Policing Worlds Apart 

'Friends Not Forgotten'

 A note from an 'ole friend...

Greetings Joe:

This is another voice from your past, a fellow 'Depot' staff and T & D alumnus.  I follow your Blog with interest and applaud you continued dedication.  Thought I might renew contacts remembering your International Training and Mission experience. Hold on to your stetson but I am sending this note from Dushanbe, Tajikistan.   

Now I know you will be reaching for your atlas in order to figure out which of the 'stans' this is.  To help - just north of Afghanistan.  93% of the country is mountainous and it was once part of the USSR.  Found it?

I arrived just over a month ago on a contract (US Dept of State-funded)to work with the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Public Order & Protection Police and community on Community Policing implementation.  I did a similar line of work in the Republic of Macedonia for 3 1/2 years.  You remember how this work gets in your blood after awhile.

In the past 15 years my international work has included Haiti, Kosovo, East Timor, Macedonia (3 1/2 years), African Union - Darfur Integrated Task Force (2 years), Afghanistan and, now, Tajikistan. This is probably my final long term mission and I will really treasure my memories and friendships with my international families.

Warmest regards,

Ron Bourne
When 'home' - Bible Hill, NS

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy
Reg.#23685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685