Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Who Am I?

C A N A D A

'Friends Not Forgotten'

Who Am I?
by
Supt. Brian Brennan, 'H' Div., Nova Scotia

Looking back, I likely shouldn't have done it. But, I can't change the facts now. Anyway, my troubles didn't seem to hurt me...or my career in the Force.

Allow me to tell you a wee bit about myself.

Years ago, after I joined the NWMP, shortly afterwards I deserted. I was 'on the lamb' for let's say 'awhile'. Afterwards, I felt guilty so I surrendered. My superiors seemed unimpressed, so I was sentenced to six months in the stockade. I paid my dues. In full.

I was allowed to resume duties and a few years later I was promoted to Sergeant. I seemed to be doing just fine because a year later I received my Commission and was promoted to Inspector.

I was posted to the west during my career. But I needed a wife, so I went to Nova Scotia and fell in love with Florence. We married.

Well, now you know a little about me. Yup, I'd say I did things just about right.

Who Am I?

Tid-bits about my career and photos by Supt. Brian Brennan, 'H' Div., Nova Scotia.

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685
   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who Am I?

by
Supt. Brian Brennan, 'H' Div., Nova Scotia
Part Two
July 12, 2011.

I can't wait any longer...my name is David H. MacPherson, I was the youngest son of Sir David L. MacPherson...that's right.

Here's a snap of my career in the North West Mounted Police;
I, Inspector David H. MacPherson engaged in the NWMP on June 25, 1880,
I, deserted 4 months later,
I, surrendered 3 years later,
I, spent 6 months in jail,
I, resumed my duties May 1884,
I, was promoted to Sergeant 1887,
I, was granted a Commission as an Inspector, Sept 1, 1888,
I, was Inspector of the Southern Division in Alberta in 1890,
which consisted of Standoff, Lee's Creek, Milk River, and Pot Hole, 
I, NWMP Inspector David H. Macpherson became a Captain, Honorary Aides-de-Camp to "Lord Aberdeen", Nov 18, 1895 and to John Campbell Hamilton-Gordon, '1st Marquis of Aberdeen and Temair', and to the Governor General of Canada 1893-1898
I, retired on a pension in September, 1897.

I, married Florence Gourley Nash, June 6, 1893 at Brookfield House in Truro, Colchester, Nova Scotia, Canada. The ceremony took place at St. John's Episcopal Church, Truro, NS

Well, that's about it.

'...Oh, there is one small matter. Rumours that my father, Sir David L. MacPherson had anything to do with my success in the NWMP is pure heresay. I'll have none of it'.

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685