Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Canada Wide Assistance to an Applicant

This note was received from applicant Eric Nicholson. Eric is also an avid collector of RCMP memorabilia. He asks us for Canada wide help. Young people too have mysteries to solve.

Hi Joe,


I was wondering if you would be able to help me? I am researching a forage cap dated 1950 marked with the Reg.#12263. I found out the number belongs to Ernest Wilson Roberts.

I tried to access Roberts' Service File from the RCMP under a Freedom of  Information request, but I was told that his Service File was destroyed.

Next, I contacted the RCMP Museum. I was told that Mr. Ernest Roberts was the father of Reg.#27919 Herbert Bourgaize Roberts who died on May 22, 1988. Apparently, Herbert also had a brother, retired Superintendent Reg.#12135, Gordon Clement Roberts.

I would really like to track down a family member to see if anyone has a photo of Ernest Roberts to put next to the forage hat. I figure if there's any Vets out there that might have known any of the Roberts clan or maybe if the Roberts' had any children then I might be able to find more information and connect it to my forage cap.

Could you could pass this message along or post it up on your website as someone might be able to help me?

Regards Joe and keep up the great work!

Yours truly,

Erik
erik_n@telus.net

**Dear Vets, please contact Eric or Buffalo Joe if you can add anything that might bring this case to a successful conclusion. As is the tradition, let us leave no stone left unturned.

Buffalo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685