Friday, December 2, 2011

Reg.#19883, S/Sgt. Edward F. McCue



Reg.#19883, S/Sgt. Edward 'Ed' Francis McCue

'Friends Not Forgotten'

S/Sgt. Ed McCue was born in 1938 at Freshwater, Argentia, NL. 

It is certain that 'Ed' was born with a smile as he was one of very few people with a genuine laugh. Afterall, he was born in Newfoundland.

One night about 1970, I was on road block duties for impaired drivers near the National Park in Cavendish, PEI.  Ed and I had not met as I was a 'new-be' to the Island. After I had been at the check point for a short time, 'Ed' came through the line of traffic. He put on his 'impaired' gig and I fell for it. Then, he broke out in a laugh ... he was so good at acting that I too had to laugh at his performance. For some years afterwards, he would not let me forget 'the night in the Park.'

Ed McCue served in 'A', 'L', 'B' & 'HQ' Div. He was honest and true.

S/Sgt. E. F. McCue died in 2008. He is buried in PEI..

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

Contributor and Appreciation: Vet. Dave Holmes, 'L' Div.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685