Sunday, November 20, 2011

In Memory of Reg.#25163, Constable J. B. Baldwinson


C A N A D A 
In Memory of Constable John Brian Baldwinson
RCMP Honour Roll #151

'Friends Are Not Forgotten; but,
Forever Missed Especially By Family.'  

From a dear friend, RCMP Rev. Chaplain Gerry McMillan, Orillia, ON

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your wonderful work on the Sub Constable Cherry dedication. I really appreciate your website. 

I did not have time to tell you but I have a family member on the Honour Roll. His name is Cst. John Brian Baldwinson. He was killed October 28, 1975. It was one of the saddest days in our lives. 

I was born and grew up in Kenora, ON.  My mother's family roots are Icelandic., but she came from Riverton, MB about 40 km north of Gimili. It's also where my cousin Johnny resided and where he is now buried (not in Toronto as mentioned in author Knuckle's book).  

For years, I spent holidays on my uncle's farm in Riverton. It was there I chummed with my cousin John. He was about 3 years old to me. He became a hero in my life. 


When I was younger I too wanted to be a Mountie and I subscribed to the RCMP Quarterly. Up until that time, John had not shown any interest in becoming a member.  But, I will never forget the time he asked to borrow my Quarterlies. 

Before I knew he he was joining the RCMP!  

We are so glad to see his picture on your site. We still miss him. 

Chaplain Gerry McMillan

'Maintain Our Memories' 

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685