Monday, October 24, 2011

RCMP Marine Div: The Ambassador


Dear Buffalo Joe;

My brother and I are trying to find additional information on this RCMP two-man vessel that serviced  Kenora and the Lake of Woods area between 1947 and 1957. 

I have not been able to find any new information about the boat while it was in government service, I'm a wee bit disappointed, but we remain confident that in time more information may come to light. I have also posted a picture of this boat on FlickR -- it has a huge worldwide membership and there is over a billion items listed.

Its builder was headed up by one of the top respected and brilliant 20th century marine designers Hubert Scott-Paine. His accomplishments may also draw interest to this former RCMP boat. I am also a hobbyist deltiologist and I keep a look out for old postcards that may show the boat in them as well. 

As a Director for the Perth County, Ontario Historical Society I do know that there is no end to the interesting new materials that keep showing up at our museum and archives and I am hopeful the same happens with a discovery about this boat.

We enjoy trying to discover new and exciting history for all of us who are interested in unearthing our past.

On behalf of my brother, I thank you for your time.

Yours truly,

Vince Gratton,
Perth, Ontario

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685