Monday, September 12, 2011

Out of the Blue -- New Friends - Family of Pilot Wop May

C A N A D A


Reg.# 5700, Alexander Neville Eames, A/Comm'r.
Investigator on 'Mad Trapper' file 1932

'Friends Not Forgotten'

The following letter from the May family received today.

To Mr. Kelly Egan, Ottawa Citizen,

Good morning,

I read with interest in the Edmonton Journal a story by Kelly Egan about retired RCMP Officer Joe Healy who has located the ashes of Inspector Eames who directed the hunt for the Mad Trapper.

My dad (W.R. "Wop" May) was the pilot who flew to Aklavik and helped the search party, and I have some photos that Joe Healy may like to have for his files. 
Could Kelly put me in touch with Joe Healy?

Thanks, Margaret & Denny May

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685