Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Mystery of Reg.# 5646

C A N A D A

The Mystery of Reg.#5646, Cst. George Ledingham

'Friends Not Forgotten'

Dear Superintendent Healy,

My grandfather George enlisted in London, England I believe, after having served 7 or 8 years in India with the British Forces.  

When he returned to England, he met my grandmother who was a hospital nurse. He enlisted in the RNWMP in London and went to Regina, SK for training. I have a copy of his enlistment paper and I can scan it and send it along to this site if that would be helpful. 

I do not know where he served in Canada. He and my grandmother were willing to wait the X number of years members of the RNWMP had to then wait to marry, but when WWI broke out that restriction was lifted, his regiment (?) served with the Seaforth Highlanders.

Thank you very much for this RCMP graves initiative.

Ms ....P. B.
Granddaughter


The Mystery of Reg.#5646, Cst. George Ledingham

Note: If the reader scans the paragraph above very, very carefully about Constable George Ledingham, one will spot a clue which is most unusual but will solve the Mystery.

Trust me, the answer to the riddle will follow soon.

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685