Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Reg.#16404, S/Sgt. W.A.A. (Tony) West


Recalling S/Sgt. 'Tony' West

Hi Joe ...

May I add my thanks to those of many others for the fine work you have done in creating this most valuable resource for our Members.

I see that you have indicated the NCO's that you served under, i.e Ernie Ruttan who was my NCO i/c at Maillardville Detachment and Roland Harding who was my NCO i/c at Haney following the retirement of S/Sgt. Tony West who was my NCO i/c when I went to Haney in 1964. Tony was a former BCPP and had some wonderful stories to tell about his time when he and his white steed, also named Tony as I recall, patrolled the vast areas surrounding Burns Lake.

Upon retirement he was very much involved in the local riding club and founded a mini-muscial ride for children and had them outfitted in our Review red serges. I was unable to find anything about him on your site and was wondering if in fact he has been included.

Thanks again Joe and continue to keep up the wonderful research and work you are doing on behalf of all of us.

Best regards ...

Ron Mangan,
#22196, S/Sgt. (RTD)
formerly NCO i/c Powell River, Detachment.
Email: rmangan@mac.com

'Maintain Our Memories'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685