Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Reg.#4947, Cst. Alexis Godillot


Vet of the Month: Reg.#4947, Alexis Godillot
April, 2010

Dear Mr Healy,

Hello from the USA!

Your website was recommended to me by former RCMP Officer Mr. Doug Legault.

My father was in the RNWMP or the RCMP probably sometime between 1907 and 1914. He later drove an ambulance with the Norton-Harjes Ambulance Corps in France during WWI.

My mother and father divorced when I was a toddler and I never knew him. I believe he died around 1944 and he would have been buried in the family plot in Westport, Connecticut, USA. His family was very prominent in the Westport area before WWI and there should be no trouble finding the Godillot burial site.

Looking back, I think my Dad would have wanted me to know a little about his life so any help you can offer would be appreciated. I don't know why it is we seem to think of these things when we get old.

I would like to have any information about his service in Canada that might be available to me but I don't have much beside his name and a few vague dates to go on. His mother out-lived him by 12 years and I inherited what was left of the family estate.

Grandmother Godillot would have told me everything if I had bothered to take the time to ask. I'll be 79 on my next birthday.

Anyway I hope you can help or give me a lead to follow.

I enclose the only picture I have of Dad.

Thanks in advance and all the best to you Joe!

John Godillot
Collegeville, PA. USA

Readers: I have remained in contact with Mr. Godillot.
JJHealy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685