Sunday, August 5, 2012

Who is modern man? While on vacation?

Who is man?

If not but a weak, simple, dispirited, lonely, fumbling thing
If our wives are not nearby to help us, feed us and clothe us ...(JJH)

In recent weeks, I have thought alot about who I am.  A modern man?

My mind quizzed itself after my wife suggested that we get away for a week or two at a lake side cottage not far from Ottawa and north of Montreal, QC

My mind had yearnings of a tent, near a stream, close to nature, to fish for my wife, gather big game  and to cook over an open fire. Just like the Mounties of old. But that was my mind. A dream.

My thoughts were interrupted. Instead, my wife said that we will stay in a 'Trump size cottage' on the lake owned by friends -- with every amenity possible -- wide screen TV, coffee maker, WI FI, privacy and good food. Olympics fit for any king -- in London or Canada.

There will be no need for me to hunt and gather for my wife.

All of that to say that on vacation I will continue to update the Graves Database with particular emphasis on the Original 300 and the March West. 

Maintain Good Vacations

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685