Monday, April 16, 2012

Purchase of Bench for 'Depot'


Purchase of  a Bench for 'Depot'

For some years, it has been the practice of some Troops to purchase
a sitting bench for 'Depot' - maybe in memorial to a Troopmate(s) who has passed away or as a gift to 'Depot'.

My Troop ('G' Troop 1964) did so at 'Depot' in 2004 at our Troop Reunion. Presently, it can be spotted in the shade beside the Chapel.

The idea of purchasing a bench has been on the mind of others as well. This letter of enquiry about a bench was received this week from the family of a deceased member.

**Letter of enquiry rec'd;

Dear Mr. Buffalo;

I am hoping that someone out there will be able to help my mother out, she is 83 years old and she would like this done before she too passes away -- dedicating this bench to her late husband is very important for her. Once I have the information needed I will be doing all of the arrangements. 

My father, is interred in the RCMP Cemetery and now, my mother,  would like to dedicate a bench near her husband with a plague.

How do we go about doing this for her, the cost, who would do the plague?

Thank you for your time,
 ...daughter

The enquiry is being published in the event others might be considering the idea -- and the member in our Troop who coordinated our bench is listed here -- Reg Alspach of 'E' Div. Reg has provided his e-mail.

Thanks very, very much Reg.

Hi Joe

Reg here, it was me who arranged for the purchase and installation of our Troop bench and plaque.  I will communicate directly with Ms. (daughter) regarding her enquiry. 

Joe, I am not too sure of the best way to do make the change for everyone in our Troop that my current email address is regalspach@gmail.com

Regards from the West Coast.

Reg and Dee Alspach

'G' Troop

PS: One might also want to check with the CO 'Depot' prior to purchasing said bench in the event there are too many. JJH

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685