Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Request for help: about deceased Edward Whelan, Newfoundland

Dear Buffalo Joe,

Request for help from all Buffalo's

My name is Lesa Whelan.

My great-great grandfather was Corporal and Chief of Police Edward Whelan in Placentia, Newfoundland in the early 1900's. Later, he transferred to St. John's and was appointed the Assistant/Chief of Police.

I have been unable to find any information on him which I find so upsetting. His father's name was James Whelan and his grandson was Reg.#22622 Sgt. William Edward  'Ted' Whelan who passed away on PEI last December.

I would love to find some information on Edward Whelan. Can you or any of your Buffalo friends help me? He is buried in Kilbride Cemetery but unfortunately he has no special headstone -- it just says 'Whelan'.

Thanks so much for any help which you might be able to offer.

Yours truly,

Ms Lesa Mulrooney-Duke
Senior Vacation Travel Consultant,
Carlson Wagonlit Harvey's Travel
Phone +1~709 722 6500~
fax +1~709 722 9323
1 800 565 6500
lmulrooney@harveystravel-cwt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685