Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Reg.#1469, B. A. Lutz, Sudden Death

C A N A D A

Reg.#1469, Constable Boag Albert Lutz, NWMP
Sudden Death
'Friends Not Forgotten'
Hi Joe;
I have all the records about Reg.#1469, Boag Albert Lutz from the Archives in Ottawa. I also have the written reports from all three of the men involved in the accident.
The members were on their way for a weekend of fishing at Jackfish Lake when the horse got spooked and bolted throwing all three from the wagon. My great uncle Boaz Lutz was the only one that died on that April 27th, 1895 day as a result of the accident.
I don't live near North Battleford Sask. I live in Kingston Ontario, but thought if the grave could still be identified I would like to make the trip out west to see it.
I understand that the R.C.M.P. assign people to look after the graves and wanted to know if it went back as far as the N.W.M.P. I was wondering if there was a special section for the members of the N.W.M.P. in the cemetery?

Thanks Joe, for all your efforts.

It was very interesting to get all the reports from Ottawa, they included all the letters from Boaz's brothers and listed everything that was in his kit at the time of his death.  

Yours truly,
Earl M. Lutz,
Kingston, Ontario
Dear Mr. Lutz,

I am pleased to tell you that Mr. Reg. Keatley, Friend of the Force of Calgary, Alberta was kind enough to get this photo for you.

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685