Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reg.#21417, Peter Couves

Hi!

Thank you for all your good work! I saw the article about you in the RCMP's Frontline Perspective today.

I don't know if you're including ex-members in your website/lists, but my father Peter Couves (Reg. #21417) was a member from 1960-1967. He left the Force to pursue interests in the private sector; in his later years, he told me that if he had it to do all over again, he never would have left the Force.

He hailed from Alberta originally, but was posted to 'O' Division when he finished training in 'N' Division. He worked in Trenton and Toronto in various sections. And in 1995, he presented me with my badge.

Dad passed away September 21, 1999, after a long-suffered disease. He is buried in Pembroke, ON, with a non-RCMP marked grave.

Please advise if you would like to include him on your site, and I will forward you all the information. He worked in the days before email and internet, and I'm quite certain some of his troopmates will be interested to track him down, regardless of the circumstances.

I actually ran across one of his troopmates by accident while conducting an investigation a few years ago, so it has been very neat to have that link to that time in my dad's life.

Thank you,

Cathy

http://www.rcmpgraves.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685