Thursday, June 28, 2012

In Memory of Reg.#13057, Hector John MacDonald

 In Memory of Reg.#13057, Hector John MacDonald
'Friends Not Forgotten'

To President Don Day, Ottawa Div.:

Reg.# 13057 Hector John MacDonald was a member of Ottawa Vets. He passed away in Toronto on June 5, 2012. I noticed his name on Jim Forsyth’s 'Vets Net Last Post' so I expect someone from Ottawa Division sent the obituary to Jim Forsyth.

Hec was living in Toronto and attended some of our meetings and social functions, although he wished to remain a member of Ottawa Division. I called his son Ian, to offer condolences and also to ask where his ashes were going to be buried and if there was going to be a Memorial Service.

Ian tells me Hec’s ashes will eventually be going to Beechwood Cemetery in Ottawa. There will be a Memorial Service but Ian did not know at this time if it would be in Toronto or Ottawa.

I asked him to contact you if the Memorial Service was in Ottawa and they wanted members of the Vets to attend and to contact me if it is being held in Toronto.

Regards – Jack O’Reilly
Vets, Toronto Div.

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685