Sunday, October 16, 2011

C A N A D A

In Memory of 
S/9386 Reg.#5217, Robert Gray Frere (father)
and
Reg.# 5217, Assistant Commissioner, Eric Gray Frere (grandfather)

'Friends Not Forgotten'

Hi 'Buffalo Joe',

I just read the article in [the] Ottawa Citizen and was intrigued by it.

I decided to surf your website and search for my father, Robert Gray Frere and my grandfather, Eric Gray Frere. I was happy to find them in your database.

I live in the Ottawa area and when I read that you visited the Notre-Dame Cemetery well, that is right behind where I live. I suppose you found my father's grave (it has an RCMP crest on it).

My father entered the RCMP in 1947. Your database shows the correct birth date and date of my father's death. He left for work that morning in January and had a heart attack at the office. He never came home! I don't remember my Dad very much as I am the youngest of 6 kids and was 4 yrs old when he died. So this has really touched me!

My grandfather died in Penticton, BC at a later date which I don't have at this time. I would have to find this out as I was young at that time. Per our 'Frere' book, it says that my grandfather was born on August 2, 1890. He joined the RCMP in 1911. I could give you a bit more history of my grandfather if you like.

I have pictures of our Dad and Grandfather in their RCMP uniforms. I will be sharing your website with my family.

Thank you so much.

Louise Frere

'Maintain Our Memories'

J. J. Healy,
Reg.#23685

1 comment:

  1. September 29 1973 is when Eric Gray Frere passed away in Penticton B.C. He is buried there alongside his Wife and Son (Peter Howard Frere d-2006).

    Gary F.I. Frere.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your note. Please be assured that I will reply, but some e-mails require a little more research and time or reflection. If your comment hinges on policy for graves, the e-mail may have to be referred to the RCMP for an authoritative response.

*You may check this blog for your e-mail as well as my reply.
Yours truly,

BuffaloJoe
Reg.#23685